In addition to the University’s admission requirements, students are required to take a placement class and have an interview with the Dance faculty prior to the first semester of coursework in the major. On-campus auditions and interviews for a place in the program takes place each year, during the fall and spring semesters. Specific information as to the date and the process is available through the Department of Theatre and Dance.
Major requirements (50 hours)
- Dance Techniques (21 hours):
- Partnered Techniques (3 hours): DAN 319(3) or 348(3).
- Composition/Choreography (11 hours):
- Dance Theory (12 hours):
- Professional Development (3 hours): DAN 240(1), 482(2).
- Public Affairs Capstone Experience will be fulfilled by completion of DAN 565.
- Minor required (or second major).