Why study speech and theatre education at Missouri State?
- Our speech and theatre education program blends courses from three different departments to provide you with up-to-date skills in education, debate, public speaking and theatre.
- You will gain technical training through course work, departmental productions and touring groups, which promote education in the community.
- Our program develops skills necessary for success as a teacher, including how to organize and run speech and debate tournaments, school productions and community theatre education programs.
- The program is the largest in the state and is accredited by both educational and theatrical agencies.
- Through practicum and student teaching, you will gain practical teaching experience while learning to develop curriculum and work with other teachers.