Dancing your way into the program
An audition is required for admission into the dance degree track. When you arrive, you will meet the dance faculty, take a technique class that includes ballet, modern and jazz, have an opportunity to spend some time with Missouri State student representatives and interview with the faculty to discuss skills, goals and interests.
This extensive audition process allows the faculty to evaluate your training and assess your potential. It also gives you the chance to decide if this program suits your goals and abilities.
Women: Solid colored leotard and tights
Men: Black dance tights or jazz pants and dance belt with a fitted, solid colored shirt
- Bring ballet and jazz shoes.
- Secure your hair away from your face.
Audition dates and locations
- Saturday, January 14, 2017 in St. Louis, MO, at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Downtown, 610 North 7th Street, St. Louis, MO 63101
- Saturday, January 28, 2017: Dance program auditions, Missouri State
Other dates and locations (You must register with sponsoring organization to be seen):
o November 4-5: Chicago National Dance Association, Chicago, IL
o November 17 & 18: North Texas Drama Auditions, Plano, TX
o November 18 & 19: BTWHSPVA College Showcase, Dallas, TX
o November 20: Moonifieds, Dallas, TX
o January 5-7: Illinois Thespians, Champagne Urbana, IL
o January 7-8: Talent on Parade, Overland Park, KS
o January 12-14: Missouri Thespians Conference
Video Submission Requirements
For applicants submitting an online video audition, please post your video to YouTube or Vimeo and provide access information on the audition application form. Your audition video must contain the following:
- A profile view at the barre
- Plié, Tendu, Rond de jambe, Grand Battement – both sides
- 15-30 second solo dance in any style of your choice, in the center
For more information about the BFA dance program audition process, contact the program coordinator.