Michael L. Frizell
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- MFA, Creative Nonfiction, 2014, University of Arkansas at Monticello
- MA, English, 2000, Missouri State University
- MA, Theatre, 1996, Southwest Missouri State University
- BA Theatre, 1991, College of the Ozarks
- THE 397: In-School Players
- Director of the Writing Center & Peer Assisted Study Session Programs
Research and professional interests
- Creative nonfiction
- Graphic novels
- Learning centers and student support
Awards and honors
- Level 4 – Lifetime Certification, Learning Center Leadership: The National College Learning Center Association, 2013.
- “Outstanding Faculty Member Award.” Missouri State University Fraternity and Sorority Life, 2010.
- “Outstanding Faculty Advisor.” Missouri State University Greek Life, 2009.
- “Outstanding Faculty Advisor.” Sigma Kappa Sorority. Missouri State University Greek Life, 2008.
- “Most Inspirational Teacher,” Missouri State University Pan-Hellenic Council, 2006.
- “Most Supportive Faculty Member,” Missouri State University Pan-Hellenic Council, 2005.
- Outstanding Sorority Advisor, The Delta Upsilon Chapter of Sigma Kappa, Missouri State University, 2004 – 2005.
- College Award for Educational Excellence in Teaching, Southwest Missouri State University, 2004.